Cooking is a great hobby. If you want to enjoy delicious food items, you better start cooking. As a beginner, it will be better if you try simple yet delicious recipes. Once you get habituated with cooking, you can experiment with your food. Here, some of the easy recipes are mentioned. Any teenager or beginner can cook these recipes. Just follow the instructions carefully, and your delicious dish will be ready in no time.
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 5 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 3/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp Ghee or Unsalted Butter
- 2 Jalapeños, finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced White Onion
- 1/4 tsp Dried Turmeric
- 2 Tbsp chopped Cilantro Leaves
- Plain yogurt for serving
- Add oil/butter/ghee in a pan. When they get melted, add potatoes and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes when one side is well cooked.
- Sprinkle jalapenos, onion, and mustard seeds over the potatoes. Cook for 10 more minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, and garlic powder for seasoning.
- Keep stirring the mixture for 10 more minutes.
- When they are well cooked, sprinkle some lemon juice, salt, and cilantro.
- Add a spoon of yogurt before serving.
- 10 baby potatoes 512 grams
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon kalonji black nigella seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon methi fenugreek seeds
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 green chili chopped
- 2 large tomatoespureed
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Hing asafoetida
- 10 curry leaves
- 2 teaspoons ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3/4 teaspoon saltor to taste
- 1 cupwater 8 oz
- Heat oil in a pan. Add fennel, seeds, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, kalonji, fenugreek seeds and sauté well.
- Now, add the green chilies, onions, and curry leaves. Sauté for 2 minutes till the onion becomes soft.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now, add the tomatoes. Cook them until they become mushy.
- Next, add the potatoes, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, water, and salt. Mix all well.
- Cook them for 5 minutes.
- Now, you can add yogurt, cream, coconut milk, cashew nuts to make the gravy thicker.
- Serve it hot with chapattis or rice.
Thus, by following these simple steps, you can make tasty dishes. They take very little time and are very delicious. You can get many other simple cooking recipes from the internet. So, start cooking and enjoy great meals with your friends and family.